Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas!



Short and sweet today. Here are two cakes I made for love!


The first is for my father in law to take to his volunteer job at the local old Courthouse in Mornington, where we have an information centre, staff entirely by volunteers.


I thought they deserved a special cake this christmas. The cake itself is strawberry white chocolate mud cake layered with white chocolate ganache and strawberry jam.


All the decorations are made from fondant, including the bow/ribbon.


















Enjoy Norm and the vollies!


The second cake is for the Workaholic's workplace. It started off its life going to be a white covered cake with a 3d christmas tree with presents around the base and a snowman on the top.


But I was watching/listening to the Channel 7 Domain Carols on Saturday night while I was doing these two cakes and looked up and saw their visual identity and wanted to give it a go. Talk about design and execute on the fly!


I just checked in at every ad break to see if I had it vaguely right. LOL! I then added the tree base and the balls around the bottom.


Often people have a theme or an invitation design for their event that they would like transferred or carried through on a cake. I guess this is what happened here!



No comments:

Post a Comment