Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Some easter fun - cupcake style!

Okay, you know it wouldn't be right if I didn't post something chocolate at this time of year, particularily with my obsession with it!

So here are a couple of things that are really easy to make if you feel inspired this easter weekend.

This one is just your favourite chocolate cupcake recipe covered in chocolate ganache, grated dark chocolate and easter eggs.

I had left over ganache and grated chocolate in my fridge from a paying gig, so decided to put it to good use on Sunday afternoon.

So easy and effective. They must have been good because I came out of the bedroom at some ungodly hour on Sunday night to find the Workaholic surrounded by cupcake wrappers. Oh dear!  What was left for the rest of his staff on Monday morning went quickly. I personally, found them mega rich and indulgent but so easy to make. Go on, I dare you!



The second cupcake is really a muffin but I think you should turn it into a cupcake if you are going to try it.

I got the recipe from Taste.com.au and it was called "Caramel Easter Egg Muffins". These were super easy to make and used basic ingredients with a bag of easter eggs and a simple melt and mix method.


You then put the mix in the cup cake wrappers and put an egg on top. The first time I made these, some readers on the Taste site recommended that you put the egg on top and it will sink a little to be in the middle rather than on the bottom, so I gave that a try.

Clearly, that didn't work.


The kids loved them though. I made another batch and just put the egg in the middle and they worked fine. I found them a little cakey, and if I made them again, I would put some icing on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment