Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gingerbread Cupcakes


It has been awhile. I have been really busy putting together some Christmas treats for the kid's teachers, the Workaholic's workers and some paid orders, as well as experimenting with some new things.

This means you are going to see a rush of new entries on my blog of the next day or two as I have been storing them up while I have been baking in the kitchen. And some of them will be brief (ah, sweet relief, I hear you say!).

These little beauties were for love and for my personal challenge to myself to try every flavour of cupcake in my favorite cup cake book, The Crabapple Bakery Cookbook.

I love a good gingerbread. Not the hard biscuit type but the soft chewy type. So I couldn't resist trying this gingerbread Cup Cake recipe. Jennifer, the author, says in her introduction, "now you can have gingerbread all year round". I don't know what was stopping her before. I certainly didn't feel the need to wait for a special occasion to indulge, but maybe that is just me.

These ones have freshly grated ginger, crystallised ginger, sour cream, ginger spice, brown sugar and you know with all those fine ingredients, it can't help but be good.

And they were. If you have been following my blog, or know me personally, you know I usually make all my own toppers. Just prefer it. More personalised. However, I could not resist the mini gingerbreads that Coles and Safeway do and at this time of year I needed all the help I could get.

Again they were a hit. Quite frankly I have only marked 2 of the many Crabapple Bakery recipes as "failures" and this one isn't on that list.

Gingerbread all year round!!

No comments:

Post a Comment