Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pirate Island

This cake is the outcome of Planet Cake's Novelty 102. Day two at Melbourne Planet Cake was a very relaxed affair.

Maybe I was less tense this day as I had been told my two wedding cakes were at their venue safe and sound. I don't know what it was, but we all seemed to just glide along through the morning.

This was the first Planet Cake course were I saw huge differences in the outcomes of the day between the cakes. I guess it was because you, as an individual , decided the shape of your island, and there were a few people that had some very different ideas. Everyone seemed to have fun though, which is the main idea.

I love attending these courses, even if it is just to be in the same room as "cake people". The discussions are great and you can pick up some great ideas and tips. I love that we all share with each other openly. I even am getting experienced enough to help out some people next to me, it's nice to be able to pass on my cake love!

This cake is currently sitting on display at the Mornington Court House & Information Centre for this week before being cut for morning tea at the end of the week. I guess it goes well with the beach location.

All in all, I had a fabulous week, 3 paid cakes and two days of training. What more could I want. Oh, and Leesa, a incredibly talented fellow cake decorator who runs a business called Alice Cakes here in town, referred a client to little ol' me! It didn't end up coming off but it was nice to recieve the "love".

The week would not have been possible without the help of my parents, coming straight up the track from Melbourne and not taking the scenic route, so I could get on with the cakes. Mum was such a trooper with the kids, I even conned her into reading with Oscar's class twice during the week, not to mention looking after the kids while I was in Melbourne and the Workaholic was doing what he does best, work too much! Thank you, thank you, thank you, it is appreciated and I love you both for it and a million other things, like knitting on demand for my pesky children's teddy bears, sorting out the garden and the tiling etc. They will need to get home for a holiday soon LOL.




No comments:

Post a Comment